Thursday, October 8, 2009

Revisions and such

My third piece was played this week and it turned out very well. Some of the general comments i received,

- Good Unity of character throughout
- Could be expanded
- Piano line seemed "random"
- Good use of staccato under the resonating vibraphone
- Perhaps repeating motives too soon
- Jazzy sounding few measures in the last system which could breath a few extra phrases before the end

Im not sure if agree that the piano line was "random" there is a structure that I felt i stuck to and was able ot achieve what i had initally planned.


Now on to revising my second work

This piece needed alot of work. I have many ideas but all together they lack a sense of coherency. Somethings I am keeping in mind when revising

-Delete 4/4 measures of chords during the intro
-Keep 5/8 bars
-Expand on the vibraphone line
-Try and create more of a sound scape texture. Less Random more structure

No comments:

Post a Comment