Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Presentation Day (POST 4)

Today I presented a piece that I wrote last week. Overall I would say that I am very happy with the outcome. The piece features a very simple melodic line which is developed and contrasted. It is only a page and a half in length and i feel that this piece is is the most consistent thing I have written. One idea, it does not over state itself, it does not exist longer than it should.

Some comments I received,

- mm. 16 - 19 - I feature a passage in the bass clef. This is the only instance that this low register is used in the entire piece. Perhaps I could find a more effective way of creating a thicker texture while still sticking to the upper registers.

- The 5/8 passages were good!, But do not sound like 5/8 at all

- Pause at mm. 39 could be extended. This would play with the listeners expectations

No comments:

Post a Comment