Thursday, January 21, 2010

Presentation 2 (POST 3)

On tuesday I presented my second "piece". I recieved several helpful comments.
What I learned,

- I have several ideas, 4 to be exact. Each one could potentially stand alone as a seperate piece.

- Ideas 3&4 were most unified, both feature arpeggio passages that repeat. I should take these and further develop them.

- Since I am only using a certain unmber of chords, I could write out the pitches as block chords and listen to differnet voicings, while adding and subrtacting notes. This could help me develop more chords that could be introduced as the idea develops.

- My second idea, although written in 3/4, is very ambiguos, it is very challenging to feel the down beats or any regular pulse. This could be a piece on its own

No comments:

Post a Comment